You get to experience the closest view without climbing it, that’s what it offers you. The Annapurna base camp trek is rated as one of the moderately difficult treks and takes roughly 10 days to accomplish. It lies at an altitude of 13,350ft.
The Annapurna base camp trek is one of the well-known treks in the world. It literally takes you face to face with an eight-thousander. Annapurna I is elevated to 8,091mts holds an attraction for mountaineers and adventure enthusiasts. The ABC trek hides in several treasures and surprises for mountain lovers.
- The Annapurna range serves your appetite for those spectacular mountain views right from Pokhara, even before starting the trek. Ghandruk gives you an exclusive view of Machapuchare, Annapurna South, and Hiunchuli. It offers you striking Views of all different peaks of the Annapurna range and Machapuchare will accompany you all the way to Sinuwa.
- The tip of Machapuchare peeps at Dovan. As you gush out of the forest past the Himalayas and Deurali, Machapuchare appears right before with its full show flaunting its elegance.
- This trail takes you through the rich vegetation trail from Ghandruk to Chomrung. As you trail higher towards Deurali, the thick forests mend into the tall grass.
- You get to see trees with thick bark called Daphne which are used by locals to make paper.
- This trail has 3 sections through the dense forest that barely allows sunlight to seep through. The first one commences right after the villages around Chomrong and extends up until the New Bridge. The Modi Khola roars right next to you. But the trees around are so densely packed that you can barely see the river. The final sect of the stretch is after Bamboo and goes all the way to Dovan. The beauty of this trail is that you get to walk through these forests not once, but twice.
- The Annapurna Base Camp trek covers a total distance of 67 km long. This 67km long trek can be accomplished in 9 days to and from Pokhara. Keeping a buffer day to cope with unfavorable weather can make it seem manageable.
- ABC trek commences from Kimche, goes via Dovan and you’ll reach ABC in five days. On the way down from ABC, you’ll trail through the Sewai route to Pokhara to descend in 3 days. This trail is well paved with stone steps laid out on all major sections of the trek. These steps help you to gain elevation quickly and can be taxing on the body.
- Before you attempt this trek, you’ll have to train for at least a month in advance to strengthen your muscles and along with that maintain a healthy heart with cardiovascular exercises.
Mandatory Documents that you’ll need to carry
These are some mandatory documents required for legal purposes by the forest department. Without any of these, you will not be allowed to take this trek.
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card. Anything such as a driver’s license, Aadhar card, passport will do, a pan card will not be accepted as an identity card. This is required by the forest department to confirm your identification.
- Passport size photo. Carry 3 photos along with you as it is required to seek permission for this trek
- Medical certificate. There are two different sections in this. The first part should be filled by a practicing doctor and The second by you. Without this medical certificate, the forest department will not permit you for this trek.
Things to carry
- The first and foremost thing you need to carry is your thermal wears woolen clothes and extra pair of socks. in simple terms your trekking gear
- Make sure to carry trekking shoes, gloves, and sunglasses
- In this trek, you need to carry a pair of trekking poles that would support you when climbing
- Apart from all these things make sure to carry your personal first aid kit and medication