A large number of us would be changing our PCs at regular intervals. Indeed, the explanation for this can be any. It may very well be speed, better arrangement, more space, and so on In any case, while moving your QB information, barely any things may be a cakewalk yet not all things are simple. You can relocate your QB information either physically or by utilizing the QuickBooks Migration tool.
How Does the QuickBooks Migrator Tool Works?
There are the following steps to work the QuickBooks migration tool.
- Initially, you need to make a solid secret word. It will assist you with opening the information duplicated to your new PC. This secret word is utilized by the Migrator device just a single time. In this manner, you should note it as you will require it during the relocation cycle.
- The device will permit you to duplicate up to the last 3 organization documents and all supporting records that you got to, to a USB streak drive.
- The Migration device will accomplish the specialized work yet Flash drive can be utilized to duplicate and move not many documents.
- Relocation Tool naturally downloads the viable rendition of QB Desktop on your new PC and will likewise set it up with your organization records.
- After complete exchange, QB transient instrument will not eradicate the drive’s information
Requirements for Running QuickBooks Migration Tool
There are the following:
- You must connect your new computer to the internet.
- You need to have a USB flash drive with enough free space for storing your QuickBooks files. Also, the Migrator Tool tells prior about the amount of space required. In general, it’s between 150 and 250 MB.
Data can be transferred using QuickBooks Migration Tool
The following data will be copied:
- The recent company file – The tool will copy up to the last 3 company files that have been opened on the old computer, including all sample files.
- Letters and templates
- Local attachments
- Related files, custom forms and template
- Memorized and scheduled reports
- Spell Checker (UserDictionary.tlx and spell.ini)
- Printer Settings (QBPrint.qbp, PrintIng.ini and wpr.ini)
- Financial Statement Designer (FSD data)
- Financial Statement Designer (FSD clients)
- Business Planner (.bpw)
- Loan Manger (.lmr)
- Cash Flow Projector (.cfp)
- Advanced Reports (only for QuickBooks Enterprise)
- Statement Writer (only for QuickBooks Accountant)
What do I do after Migration data
After you move information, exchanges have the status Unposted, so you can survey them and adapt. To survey the exchanges, go to the page where you would ordinarily track down them. For instance, to survey unposted deals solicitations, go to the Sales Invoices page. To survey installment diaries, go to the Payment Journals page. There are a couple of things specifically that you ought to do: If the exchanges in QuickBooks had markup or markdown sums, you should physically add the sums to the connected exchanges in Business Central before you post them.
Usersaccess QuickBooks in Multi-user
There are following the number of licenses provided by each one of them:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro – Allows 3 Users
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier – Allows 5 Users
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise – Allows 30 Users
Move QuickBooks to New Computer
It is the how migration work:
- Backup your company file
- plug your USB Drive to your PC.
- Copy all your data on Usb drive. The tool is able to copy the last 3 company files opened, including all supporting files.
- Create a one-time password. This password should be complex even though it will be used only once by the Migrator Tool. Write the password down, if necessary.
- Now connect the USB to the other computer and enter the one-time password.
- The software should now automatically download, install and activate the correct version of QB Desktop to your new computer. All the other files will be set up automatically.
Install the QuickBooks to a new computer Of manually
There are the following steps :
- Make sure you have the product and license information on hand.
- Now, uninstall your QuickBooks program on the old computer before you attempt a reinstall.
- Download the installation files in new computer.
- Follow the instructions and install QB Desktop as you normally would.
Just in case the QuickBooks Migration Tool is not an option for you then check How to transfer QuickBooks to a new computer manually.